Need help with your safety program? Check out the following resources:
Division of Safety & Hygiene
– Dayton Area Service Office
3401 Park Center Drive
Dayton, Ohio 45414
A Division of the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. Services are pre-paid by all Ohio employers through your workers’ compensation premium payments. For a full list of the safety-related services offered to employers, click here.
- On-site consultation including safety audits
- Safety committee design and evaluation
- Written safety plans
- Employer Safety Publications – publications that provide employers with specific safety and health work practices, including ergonomics, that have been successfully adopted and implemented. Helps employers prevent occupational injuries and illnesses. Documents may be downloaded or ordered.
- Safety Education – Training courses introduce employers and employees to the fundamentals of occupational safety, health, and ergonomics. They are offered online, at the BWC Learning Center in Pickerington, and at regional BWC service centers.
- Safety "hotline” -- call the Division of Safety & Hygiene at (937) 264-5230
- Ohio Safety Congress and Expo – Free forum for workplace safety practices, technology, products, and services. Held each spring.
Valley Safety Council
1 Chamber Plaza (Dayton Convention Center)
Contact Amanda Byers, Manager - Safety, Health, & Environmental Programming, at (937) 226-8227.
Membership organization for the purpose of enhancing safe and healthy environments in the workplace through education, information systems, networking, and advocacy. The Safety Council is a program of the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce. To learn more, click here.
- Monthly Breakfast with the Experts – speakers on safety and health issues
- Annual Safety Symposium – full day of safety presentations, speakers, and exhibitors of safety products and services.
- Video Library – member may borrow from an extensive library of professionally prepared safety videos covering wide range of topics
Useful links & Documents
OSHA OnSite Consultation (pdf)
Hand Protection (pdf)
General Safety Rules (pdf)
MCT-approved Group Rating Safety Accountability Letter (pdf)